My name is Morgan Arritola. I’m a multi-sport athlete who has been fortunate to compete on the world stage in multiple disciplines, including the US Nordic Ski Team at both World Championships and the Olympics and as a runner at the World Mountain Running Championships.
Although I am rarely doing just a single sport, I am best known as a competitive skier and more recently, as a trail and mountain runner. I also like to swim, rock climb, and anything else that gets me outside and being active.
I’ve been lucky enough to see a lot of the world in my lifetime, competing and training for races throughout Europe, North America and New Zealand.
I decided to put this website together to share my thoughts on skiing, running, and everything in-between, including some fun recipes and food adventures of mine. I hope you enjoy it. If you have comments, or questions, send me an email. I’d love to hear from you!
Here’s some of my accomplishments:
- 2012 Owl Creek Chase Champion
- 2011 US Super Tour 1st place 10k Skate
- 2011 World Championship Team
- 2011 US National Championships -2x Bronze Medalist
- 2010 World Cup La Clusaz, France
- 3 top 30 World Cup finishes in 2010
- 2010 US Olympic Team member
- 2009 U23 World Championship Team: Praz de Lys, France
- 2009 World Championship Team: Liberec, Czech.
- 2009 US Distance Nationals
- U.S.A. U23 World Championship Team Member: 2008 Malles, Italy
- 2008 World Cup: Canmore, Canada; top North American
- 2008 Canadian Nationals
- 2008 US Distance Nationals: 2nd place 15K Pursuit
- 2 x Silver Medalist U.S.A. National Championships: 2006
- 3 x Gold Medalist U.S.A. National Junior Champion: 2004 – 5km , ‘05 10km Skate, 5km Classic
- 2 x Silver Medalist North American Continental Cup Super Tour
- Silver Medalist 2005 Boulder Mountain Tour
- 4th Engadin Ski Marathon, St. Moritz Switzerland
- U.S. A. World Junior Team Member: 2005 – Rovaniemi, Finland 2006 – Kranj, Slovenia
- U.S.A. U23 World Championship Team Member: 2007 – Tarvisio, Italy
- 2012 – World Mountain Running Championships, Ponte di Legno, Italy; Bronze Individual Medal, Gold Team Medal
- 2012 – 1st Place, US Mountain Running Team Qualifier Race, Loon Mountain Race; Lincoln, NH
- 2012 – Course record Holder of Ascent of Mont Ventoux, France
- 2012 – Vail Pass Half Marathon 1st Place
- 2011 – Xterra World Champion ½ Marathon Trail
- 2011 – Xterra National Champion ½ Marathon Trail
- 2011 – USATF ½ Marathon Trail National Champion
- 2010 – USATF ½ Marathon Trail runner up
- Three-time winner and Course Record holder for The Baldy Hill Climb, Ketchum, ID
- Course Record Holder for The Backcountry Run, Dollar 10K. Ketchum, ID